Carrot Cake Cashew Milk
Creamy carrot cake decadence in a glass! Cashew milk does not need to be strained like almond milk because the nuts have no skin. Once your nuts are soaked you can have this milk ready in under 3 minutes. This is a featured recipe from my new eBook – Earth Milk: Delicious Non-Dairy Milks, Creamers, And Shakes That Are Good For You And The Earth which is available on Amazon and Kobo.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 5 big pitted dates (eg. Medjool) or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Soak cashews for a minimum of 4 hours by covering them with water in a bowl.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for one minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Makes 5 cups